Best Dye Sublimation Photo Printer 2022-Detailed Reviews and Buying Guide
With the introduction of efficient and highly versatile photo printers, crafting methods have upgraded greatly. Now, you can not only print high-definition photos but dye and sublimate over a variety of materials using a smart printer. But how do you decide the best printer based on your printing style and preference?
You don’t need to worry about answering that question right now because we are here to do it for you. Our team has combined a list of the best dye sublimation printers that are here to take the quality, fun and thrill of sublimating over materials to the next level! So without further ado, let’s get started.
What are the best dye sublimation photo printers?
|Canon PIXMA MG3620 Inkjet Printer|
|Epson EcoTank ET-2760 Supertank Printer|
|Kodak Dock Plus Photo Printer|
|HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 All-in-One Wireless Printer|
|Epson EcoTank ET-2720 All-in-One Supertank Printer|
|Canon SELPHY CP1300|
|Epson WorkForce WF-7710 Wireless Printer|
|Testing our products|
|Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)|
Best Dye Sublimation Photo Printer
First and foremost, we have the all-in-one print, scan and copy machine for dye sublimation photos and stickers! The Canon PIXMA MG3620 facilitates high quality coloured photo printing at an amazingly fast speed of 9.9 IPM for black and 5.7 IPM for colours. It also features the automatic two sided printing option.
Supporting wireless connectivity, you can now print remotely with the new Pixma MG inkjet printer. It is compatible with all Android and Apple devices through Mopria and AirPrint apps and lets you control the device directly from your smartphone!
With Canon’s promise of quality above everything else, the PIXMA MG3620 offers professional looking smudge and waterproof printouts. Additionally, the compact body and multiple supported page sizes make it an ideal choice for dye sublimation photos.
● Auto duplex print, scan and copier.
● Fast print speed of 5.7 IPM (coloured) and 9.9 IMP (black and white).
● Prints directly from Google Cloud, AirPrint, Mopria, NFC and other cloud services.
● Space saving, compact and stylish body.
● High definition printouts with genuine Canon smudge-proof ink cartridge.
● Wireless network offers remote printing through Android and Apple devices.
● Very easy to set-up a wireless connection.
● Supports letter, legal and #10 Envelope page size with 100 sheet tray capacity.
● Noisy operation.
● Lacks display screen.
Equipped with powerful printing options and auto-duplex mode, the Canon PIXMA MG3620 is the fastest dye sublimation photo printer available right now. Get this multi-purpose scan, copy and print machine to enhance the quality of your sublimation at the cost of its loud working noise.
Second in line, we have a product that excels at all kinds of crafting techniques and is here to improve the standard of your printouts. The Epson EcoTank ET-2760 is equipped with a generous 100 sheet rear feed tray and automatic 2-sided printing to lower your page costs by 50%.
Whether you are using the printer for documents, stickers or dye sublimation photos, print quality plays a vital role in helping you achieve sharp and vivid colours. For this reason, Epson ET-2760 works on the precision core, heat-proof Claria ET pigment ink cartridge system that delivers remarkably vibrant graphics and crisp text files.
Supporting wireless networks, you can now print and control your EcoTank ET printer from remote locations with the Epson Smart Panel app. Moreover, the smart voice activated hands-free feature and intuitive 1.44” coloured display make the printer super user-friendly and easy to use.
● Auto two-sided printing with 100 sheet paper feed tray capacity.
● Features high resolution flatbed scanner and copier.
● Voice activated hands-free mode.
● Backed by a two year hardware warranty.
● Quick and easy wireless setup.
● Remote printing with the Epson Smart Panel app.
● 1.44” wide coloured display for smooth navigation.
● Automatic duplex printing with vibrant and sharp Claria ET pigment ink.
● High-capacity ink cartridges hold as much as eighty individual ink bottles.
● Reasonably priced.
● Slow print speed.
● Noisy operation.
Despite its slow printing speed and unpleasant operating noise, Epson EcoTank ET-2760 has become one of the favourite printers for dye sublimating craftsmen. Its sharp Claria ET ink and micro piezo technology help produce the most detailed and vivid photos for use of dye sublimation.
With years of experience under its belt, Kodak has become one of the most trusted names for printers and cameras. Their Dock Plus 4”x6” instant printer is designed to carry out professional level border, borderless and photo printing.
Providing a stable Bluetooth connection, you can simply dock your mini printer and print photos at an unbelievably fast speed. Along with this, the low replacement and per unit print cost make it an affordable option for everyone on a tight budget.
One of the biggest concerns for dye sublimation photos is that they fade away quickly. However, Kodak uses the 4Pass technology to extend the lifetime of your photos and adds an extra layer of lamination for a finger and water-proof effect.
● 4 by 6 inches credit card sized photos.
● Uses the 4Pass technology with layers of ribbon and lamination for long-lasting photo quality.
● Dock and charge mode offers high speed printing.
● Compatible with Kodak AR app containing thousands of fonts, frames and augmented reality features.
● Compact, lightweight and portable body.
● Suitable for both, border and borderless pictures.
● Guarantees stable and consistent Bluetooth connection.
● Low replacement and per unit printing costs.
● Dull and dark photo quality.
● The Kodak mobile app is difficult to use.
Don’t underestimate the performance of Kodak dock plus 4” by 6” photo printer because of its compact size. Mixing affordability, longevity and creativity together, Kodak dock plus is the most portable dye sublimation photo printer of 2022.
The next printer in our list is a customer favourite for all types of photo and sticker printing businesses. HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 is an all-in-one copy, scan and print machine with automatic duplex mode.
Finished in a 37% smaller body as compared to its previous edition, this inkjet printer offers unmatched protection from theft and viruses. Making use of default security essentials like encryption and passwords, Pro 9015 ensures the safety and integrity of your data.
Not only this, its self-healing mode automatically detects and resolves any connectivity problems and offers a stable Wi-Fi connection. Lastly, the Smart Tasks feature easily digitalizes your photos and lets you customize documents that need to be scanned later on.
● 37% smaller body made from 10% sustainable material.
● 35 sheet rear tray capacity with automatic feeder.
● Smart tasks mode digitalizes and categorizes commonly used routines.
● Backed by a one year hardware warranty.
● Multi-functional copier, scanner and printer with auto 2-sided printing.
● Dual-band and stable wireless connection with self healing mode.
● Provides security essentials for Wi-Fi and sensitive documents.
● Print, monitor ink levels and control the device remotely with HP smart app.
● Small 2.7” touchscreen is not user-friendly.
● Page capacity of 250 sheets makes it unsuitable for bulk printing.
Keeping up with HP’s reputation of offering nothing but the best in its products, OfficeJet Pro 9015 is one of the most versatile sublimation dye photo printers out there. Its innovative and time-saving smart tasks mode and self-healing Wi-Fi connection make it the right device to start your sublimating journey with.
Are you on a tight budget but still not willing to compromise on the quality of your dye sublimation photos? If yes, then we have just the right printer for you! The Epson ET-2720 eco tank printer includes high-capacity ink cartridges that save up to 90% on replacement costs and are spill and hassle free to refill after use.
Furthermore, the integrated micro piezo heat-free ink technology helps deliver vivid and rich coloured photos and documents. Supporting a wide range of page sizes, Epson 2720 is easy to control even by amateur users with its 1.44” coloured display.
The efficiency of this ET printer does not end here but instead its high-resolution flatbed scanner makes it suitable for scanning and copying as well! With wireless network and voice-activated Alexa mode, Epson Ecotank promises to make your working hours productive and creative!
● Multi-function scan, copy and print.
● Micro piezo 4 colour CMYK heat free technology for high resolution.
● Integrated exclusive ecofit bottles with unique start/stop keys.
● Backed by a two year hardware warranty.
● Supports a wide range of page sizes.
● Wireless network with hands free voice-activated printing.
● 1.44” intuitive and user-friendly colour display.
● High capacity ink bottles save up 90% replacement costs.
● Expensive printer.
Surely enough, the initial cost Epson EcoTank ET-2720 multi-function printer is much more than other products in this list but with smart voice-activated mode and detailed CMYK heat-free technology, it is one of the best dye sublimation photo printers and worth every penny spent on.
Whether you are a professional at printing dye sublimation photos or an amateur beginning this new venture, the Canon SELPHY CP1300 is here to cater the needs of users of all skill sets. Finished in a light weight, compact and cute body, this printer is portable enough to accompany you on all your adventures.
Supporting postcard, square label, card size and various other page sizes, the Canon CP1300 is ready to print directly from your smartphone’s gallery and social media apps. One of the most adored features of this printer is its photo booth mode that lets you capture and print 4 by 6 strips of photos on glossy paper.
To ensure that your dye sublimation pictures do not fade over time, the printouts of SELPHY CP1300 are resistant towards water, tear and all kinds of smudges for over 100 years. Thirdly, its built-in 3.2″ LCD eases its controls and makes the device fast to navigate on spot.
● Smart photobooth mode prints on 4 by 6 strips of glossy page.
● Powerful printing options from all Android and Apple devices and social media accounts.
● Water, tear and smudge resistant photos that retain quality and colours for more than one hundred years.
● Lightweight, compact and portable design.
● Suitable for postcards, square labels, dye sublimation, stickers etc.
● Wireless connectivity and built-in USB flash slot.
● Tilt-up 3.2″ LCD for user-friendly navigation.
● Pro editing tools such as party shuffle designs and creative collages.
- Replacing ink toner is a struggle.
- High ink and page replacement costs.
Putting the ease of customer above everything else, the Canon SELPHY CP1300 is undoubtedly the most user-friendly dye sublimation photo printer of 2022. Its tilt-up LCD, direct printing from social media apps and suitability over different page sizes have won over its user’s hearts irrespective of the high ink and page replacement costs involved.
Given the extraordinary performance of Epson printers, it is not shocking to see another one of its products appear in this list again. The Epson WorkForce 7710 is designed to outdo its previous editions by a huge degree and facilitate your scan, copy, print and fax requirements successfully.
Suitable for border, borderless images up to 13″ by 19″, WF-7710 is loaded with innovative features like the duplex printing mode and automatic feeder. By making use of the Precision Core technology, this inkjet printer offers superior quality photos. Meanwhile, the fast 8.7 PPM (black) and 6 PPM (colour) print speed ensure that your task is completed in a short time!
The feature that makes Epson WorkForce 7710 outshine amongst other printers is its enlarged 4.3″ coloured touch display. With this, you can monitor, navigate and control your printer by just a few taps on screen or use your iOS and Android device to connect with the wireless network of WF-7710 printer.
● Precision core ink technology for rich colours.
● Automatic document feeder and 2-sided printing.
● Multi-functional scan, copy, print and fax machine.
● Super fast 8.7 PPM for black and 6 PPM for colour print speed.
● Supports 13″ by 19” borderless photos, stickers and other page sizes.
● Wireless, Ethernet and NFC connectivity options.
● Intuitive and extra wide 4.3″ coloured touch screen for easy navigation.
● Small ink cartridges need to be refilled quickly.
● Ink heads dry out very fast.
Keeping in mind its multiple networking options, user-friendly touchscreen and precision core ink technology, Epson WorkForce WF-7710 is rightly deemed as the best inkjet dye sublimation photo printer for everyone looking to master the skill of sublimating over different materials!
Having finished listing down the best dye sublimation photo printers for you, it is time we take a look at the features that make these products worthy of your time, attention and money.
Dye sublimation printers are available in different shapes and sizes. Before selecting any one device, you must decide exactly what level of portability you demand from your printer. If you move around frequently and want your sublimation printer to accompany you on these journeys, aim for a compact and lightweight machine. On the other hand, heavy-duty and robust printers are great for large dye sublimation tasks and boost your office’s productivity levels.
When looking for the ideal dye sublimation photo printer for your business, it is important that you make sure it supports your desired media type. The best kind of sublimation printer works on not only fabrics but mugs, glass, mason jars and other hard surfaces.
The image resolution of any printer determines how sharp and vibrant your photos will turn out on different objects. This resolution is measured in dots per inch (DPI) and the higher this value is, the sharper, vivid and crispier your sublimation photos will be.
Lastly, you must consider the price of a dye sublimation printer. Since they are offered at a wide price scale, your printer should attain the perfect balance between durability and affordable price. Invest in a printer that has commendable features and good print quality instead of one that only lasts for a short span and is overpriced due to its popular brand.
How do we test our products?
To deduce which printers are the best for dye sublimation photos, we went over detailed reviews of the highest rated products and tried them on ourselves. We have compiled this list for you after doing an elaborate research on each of the printers and taking into account their reviews, specifications, superlatives and price.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Alas, we have reached the end of our article about the best dye sublimation photo printers of 2022. We hope that our list and informative buying guide help you find the right sublimation printer for you that will progress not only the profit of your business but your love for sublimating designs on various surfaces as well. Happy crafting everyone!